Advantages of installing an AZUD filtration system in a cooling tower
The implementation of an AZUD filtration system adds multiple advantages from the economic, operational and environmental point of view.
Most of the industrial activities require auxiliary systems to extract the heat generated during its productive activity. The cooling towers are mechanical equipment that allow to reduce the water temperature from the recirculation of the productive process thanks to the characteristics of the evapotranspiration phenomenon.
Professionals know that, when the water is being recirculated, its quality deteriorate due to an increase in the quantity of the suspension solids; nevertheless, most of the problems generated and associated to the solid proliferation aren´t detected on time. The installation of a system of physical treatment reduces the accumulation of particles inside the system:
- During the filtration process, the solids are retained when the water goes through the filtering media.
- During the backwashing process, the solids are drained outside the system.
AZUD filtration systems make the physical treatment of the total volume of water (contained in de distribution pipes and in the storage tank of the tower), guaranteeing:
1. The total retention of the particles with direct clogging capacity, avoiding the blocking in the pumping system and the emitting nozzles.
2. The removal of most of the solids (with independence of their size), to avoid surpassing the critical concentration, reaching a dynamic balance between the inlet-output of the solids of the system.
AZUD has a wide experience in the design of filtration solutions for cooling towers. After developing a great number of projects, it has been checked that the implementation of an AZUD filtration system for the treatment of water in cooling towers supplies multiple advantages from the economic, operational and environmental point of view.
1. Functionality and higher useful life of the tower´s components.
2. Less risk of clogging in nozzles, contributing to maintain a homogeneous dispersion of the flow rate of water on the contact surface between the water and the air.
3. Important reduction of the sedimentation phenomena and organic proliferation.
4. When reducing the microorganism growing, the consumption of chemical products is also reduced as the biofouling phenomena.
5. Better mechanical and hydraulic performance of the electro pumps, avoiding the abrasion phenomena, partial blocking of the blades and loss of water-tightness.
6. Less breakage risk of vents.
7. Less corrosion risk of the metallic components in contact with water.
8. Decrease of the necessary inspection labours to verify the operation conditions and estate of the tower components.
9. Reduction of the frequency and time of the stops, programmed for maintenance labours or not programmed to change the components.
10. Water saving: maintaining the quality required for this application, means less water replacement.
11. Saving of energy and less environmental impact: the clogging and/or partial blocking due to the presence of solids in the water of the tower derives in an increase of the energetic consume generated by the electro pumps and vents to adequate the discharge temperature of the water with the required values by the application.
AZUD supplies the suitable solution to the treatment of water in the cooling towers.